Friday, June 14, 2013

Toddler Science Fun!

Dare I hope that the numbers I see from my blog stats are due to people checking in for a new post? =D

Sorry for the late posting but I honestly couldn't keep my brain going for a decent post.  I was also looking up something for a "Fun Friday" post and found that my ideas may be a bit much for some readers to take in so until you get the feel of who I am and what humour I have, we'll keep those for another Friday.

So for today, I was looking up toddler science projects I could do with my son.  I'm considering home schooling so I'm going to try a relaxed version from July to December to see how he takes to is and how I can keep it up.  I'm hoping that his desire to learn will inspire the teacher in me to be disciplined in creating fun lessons!  As you can see from this blog, I am not the most disciplined person, but I am trying. =)

On to the meat of the post (finally!).  I found a page that has a bunch of ideas but the one I like most is the "Cloud in a Jar".  Using shaving cream, food colouring, water all in a jar, a simple explanation is given of how rain happens.  You can find that particular project here.  For more ideas, visit this page.

As I haven't tried this out myself I can't really tell you how it goes but I think this will keep a toddler interested for 10-15 minutes at a time, possibly for a week!  Different coloured clouds allow for artistic expression as well, then posting pictures of their creations.  I'm really looking forward to this!

How about you? Is there a project you'd like to try?  Have you already done one of these with your kid(s)?  Are there any you'd like to suggest?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment